This is a high-quality, easy to handle, easy to sharpen with whetstone with the superb, smooth sharpening feeling of the “Gokumyo Series”.
Durable and non-deteriorating, please enjoy using the “Taiga”.
This is a series of medium rough to finishing whetstones which sharpen easily with the superb, smooth feeling of the “Gokumyo Series”. Please enjoy the smooth feeling unlike any ordinary whetstone. Additionally, they do not degrade or deteriorate, and can be used for many years.
- Product No. TA-12
- Pre-final Medium Whetstone grit ＃1200
- Whetstone Size 205×73×10～13mm
- Package Size 245×103×58mm
- Appr. 950g
- Includes surface restoration stone
- Value Price \ 16,000 yen (excl. VAT)
- JAN Code 4966684072190
This well-made whetstone has a dense concentration of ultra-fine air pockets and can be used immediately by lightly wetting it. Before using the whetstone, either briefly submerge it in water, or wet the surface with your hand, then begin sharpening. Under normal circumstances (summer or winter temperature variations, immersion in water), there is no risk of a loss of quality. It can be used in the same manner as conventional (kiln-fired) whetstones.
* To maintain the stone’s ability to sharpen, please clean the whetstone with water and restore the surface with the restoration stone included in the set after each use.